Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Day 41 #100DayProject Self Challenge- Clean Surfaces = Organized Thoughts

 My #100DayProject
 

Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.

Returning from an out-of-state visit and thus absence from my daily investment in the #100DayProject for five days made my transition back into this challenge hard. Transitioning as mentioned, is hard for those dealing with Attention Deficit issues.


 THE SMALL TASK:

But one thing that's always helped me is clean up an area desperate in needing to be put back to order. It was a no-brainer to start at my magnet/pinback work station. I came back to a few big orders to be full-filled, so printing, and making the order products came first. Tidying up the area came second.

CLEAN SURFACES HEAL ME AND SAVE TIME AND $$:

This sounds odd, but seeing order makes me feel balanced, no racing thoughts, no overwhelming feelings poking the edges of my mind wondering where to start, then to ease these feelings, rapidly filing items that don't need my attention right away, only to be forgotten for too long.  My small task today also opened up an opportunity to figure out better studio organization so I can work more efficiently. Every time I clean up my studio, I find better ways to simplify my work space so I can easily put my hands on a tool, or extra printed button designs thus saving me from wasting ink and time printing out an order when I already have the print outs. This is studio Feng Shui 101.

MY REWARD FOR TODAY:

After the clean up and getting orders out, I raced to our local ACE and purchased a bundle of Marigolds to plant around the yard. Flowers, gardening the beauty that ensues from simply inserting colorful flora into one's yard also heals.









My name is Suzanne Urban I sell my funny projects like the magnet to the left on ETSY right here: SmirkingGoddess and my Art here: SuzanneUrbanArt

It's my hope that my own self challenge for the #100DayProject will help other creatives facing attention issues. Drop me a line if you're so inclined. Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment