Sunday, May 21, 2017

Day 40 of My #100DayProject Self-Challenge-Where to Start When You Have SO Many Ideas

  My #100DayProject
 


 Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.
 


I've been absent due to a visit to Florida to see my Dad and Stepmother. I opted not to travel with my laptop so I could sail through Pre-TSA with no issue. But I'm baaaccckkk!


I've mentioned here the scores of sketches piling up in my sketchbooks, and half-started projects bunched up in my WIP (work-in-progess) file. I took the #100DayProject self-challenge to finally confront one of the reasons I only manage to complete 25% of all the ideas lying around in my studio. The reason being I have ADD, Attention Deficit Disorder. I no longer get excited, sketch out an idea, then my flighty mind is off and imagining something else, or I hit a road block in completing the idea because of a production issue, or funds or both. Project gets shelved.

ADVICE ON WHERE TO START ON THOSE SHELVED PROJECTS:

I follow Cory Huff's THE ABUNDANT ARTIST blog and recently read his book SELLING YOUR ART ONLINE. From Cory's emails I found Jessica Abel who tackles the very subject that I am tackling with my #100DayProject self challenge. Jessica offers a unique way to hone in on how to select the best unfinished project to start.
JessicaAbel.com

©www.smirkinggoddess.com
SYNCHRONICITY HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE ON THE RIGHT PATH.

As synchronicity surfaces with helpful information since I started the #100DayProject I'm finding despite the extra burden of dealing with Attention Deficit issues, that people without ADD also deal with the same frustration of unfinished WIP (works in progress). Ms. Abel''s advice on how to breakdown and select just one WIP to finish has allowed me to open up and find that inner child who used to create without abandon, this unbridled joy gives me focus.

Today, in keeping with one small task, I continued to organize my studio and processed three orders, before venturing out to enjoy some reward work, gardening.

My name is Suzanne Urban I am an artist and writer. My funny stuff like the magnet to the left is available in my ETSY shop here: SmirkingGoddess and my art and art products here: SuzanneUrbanArt

No comments:

Post a Comment