Thursday, May 25, 2017

Day 42 #100DayProject Self-Challenge-Creating Structure to Help Me Succeed

 My #100DayProject
 
 

Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.
 



My small task completed today? I re-mounted my Santa Ornament Collection back on my newly painted wall. I still have to complete re-painting my studio, but at least 1/2 of it is done. I'm pulling together my studio to create a welcoming work-friendly environment.

What Level of Structure Do You Need in Your Day?

I'm finding this self-challenge offers me just enough structure to work within, too much structure and my artist-side rebels. I think every professional creatif has a threshold when it comes to working with in the confines of a structured environment. I find I do need structure, but too much structure i.e. rules to adhere by, or an overly rigid time-table that demands my daily output overextend myself and I rebel. The rebellion takes form in abandoning creative endeavors in favor of couch potato activity. I worked hard to get the day-job work out, now I can relax is my state-of-mind. Unfortunately this creates a total lack of structure where I don't just couch potato it for an hour or two, but for the rest of the day. Not good.

 In my former day job, I found this to be true, I worked hard to get a variety of duties done on time, unfortunately, my creative projects often suffered as I came home to collapse on the couch. When I left the job, I was without any structure, and this didn't farewell for me either. I had trouble deciding where to start, what to do. My #100DayProject self challenge has low level structure, enough for me to happily engage in without feeling overwhelmed or that I'm being dictated to-even if it's by me! I know just how much structure in my schedule I can take, how much can you take?

My Reward Work for Today.

As mentioned earlier I and a local friend and neighbor started The Windsor Monarch Project this Spring. In lieu of this town project, I am creating my own Butterfly Friendly garden, and yesterday after receiving my Blue Chip Buddeia, I planted it.


My name is Suzanne Urban I sell my funny stuff as seen on magnet below on ETSY here: SmirkingGoddess and my art here: SuzanneUrbanArt





No comments:

Post a Comment