Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Day 27 of My #100DayProject Challenge-Tip Jar!

My #100DayProject Personnel Challenge

Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.

DAY 26  I was going to do a little garden-scaping after sending some orders out. In my ADD mind, the finished job to the left would take me 45 minutes to an hour. After that I would come back  to the studio and work on a new product for my ETSY shop.   I've always had a bad grasp of how much time a new-never-done-project would take me to complete. The job to the right and below took me over three and-a-half hours. Those of us with Attention Deficit issues wrestle with managing time. I'm good at meeting deadlines, but I'm not good at calculating how much a project will take me to create. Estimating time is lost on me,  I can only estimate if I've done the job before so I can benchmark a timetable. This fact creates a hamster in the wheel situation and  makes billing for Freelance projects tricky, where miscalculation means losing money.
 
 WHEN THE REWARD STUFF RUNS OVER-TIME:

My reward work turned into a full half-day of work.  The tree to the left outgrew it's planter, I literally dumped it out to drag to it's new spot, it was like wrestling a sea monster. Trying to  situate it squarely was a hassle, and trying to keep the dried, icky side of the tree hidden from view, a nightmaaarrrrre.

I am determined not to rush into finishing off an area garden this year. I'm coaxing my ADD mind to plan more carefully, looking at what I have and can use rather than buy something, given as last Spring I overspent on plants, and this resulted in accrued debt. My 2016 hasty decisions ended up to be more work for me this year as I had to move crowded plants, egg rocks and the cheap, tacky edging. that was a waste of my hard earned funds. This year,  I'm determined to create more solid area gardens so I can work smarter not harder in years to come. I just have to exercise patience, and not rush ahead the planning stage.

 OH, AND THIS HAPPENED:

I tried to remove a hanging planter by standing on this. This ladder has a sentimental hold on me. It was a fixture in an iconic Westport Connecticut Bookstore called The Remarkable Bookstore, I purchased when the shop closed after a long run. And now, I have to let go of it forever.

GETTING OUT OF SMALL DEBT THE TIP JAR:

Pinterest has some great tips for people like me. Recently I read a filled soda bottle of dimes equals ALLOTTA MONEY. Every once in awhile I toss some dimes into this vessel, as I could buy some serious shrubs some day.

Needless to say, no studio work happened, I feel a little out-of-sorts for not getting back to the drawing table, especially since my ETSY bill came in the email today, I need to get rolling on finishing some projects to sell and make me some money.

I sell my funny stuff on ETSY here: SmirkingGoddess and here: SuzanneUrbanArt




©www.smirkinggoddess.com


No comments:

Post a Comment