Monday, May 1, 2017

Day 26 of My #100DayProject Challenge-

My #100DayProject Personnel Challenge


Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.

DAY 26 Exhausted from the night before, I fell into a deep sleep at 7:30 pm, so bright eyed and bushy-tailed was I at 2:45am ready to hit the floor running. Prednisone does mess with one's constitution, but we're almost done with our rounds, and our Poison Ivy rash is dissipating; FINALLY.  Next time we skip the meds and go with Cortizone cream, if that is, we manage to get "The Poison" as my husband calls it, this badly, again.
I did some minor rock-
scaping in the rain.



MY FIRST SMALL TASK TO GET ME MOTIVATED AND ORGANIZED:

 Since I spent the early morn mulling over in my head what kinds of quick-fix, easy-to-do garden clean ups I could do today, I was excited to fling open the back door and get to work. First, I filled some ETSY orders, returned emails, and calls. My love of gardening is the best motivational reward to keep my thoughts organized and productivity high.


 HOW THE SMALL TASKS WITH REWARD FOR COMPLETING ADD UP IN THE END:

I'm now finding I can rebound back from a lousy day of setbacks. Usually setbacks create piles of unfinished projects in my studio and a looming overwhelmed feeling inside that I didn't quite get it right. A setback usually would stimulate me to rush and find something else to work on, anything to calm that vague, out-of-sync feeling when this distracted artist is frustrated.  Rushing to grab another project, usually ended up in more piles of unfinished work laying about in my studio. I have a huge WIP (Work In Project) file, when I rifle through it I'm unsettled at the many sketches, and jotted down notes I have on a variety ideas.  Starting the day with a simple task, even if not art-related–completing it, followed by a reward is slowly helping me to complete more stuff I didn't think possible, within in a few days.

Yesterday I returned to my sketchbook again to work on a project idea of upcycling saved pieces of plastic (taking up room in my studio) that I wanted to convert into holiday ornaments. THIS abandoned project is over six years old. IT'S TIME.

I'm hoping that others will relate to my #DoodleMyInnerCritic to join me in posting on IG. I'd like to see if there are other creatives out there that  respond to how deeply the inner critic blocks creative flow.

Follow me on Instagram: @SmirkingGoddess and @SuzanneUrbanArt


I am an artist and writer. To buy my funny stuff on ETSY:
SmirkingGoddess and my art SuzanneUrbanArt




No comments:

Post a Comment