Sunday, April 30, 2017

Day 25 of My #100DayProject Challenge-Doodle Your Inner Critic!


My #100DayProject Personnel Challenge


Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.

DAY 25  The Predinisone I'm taking for Poison Ivy made me so jumpy I flipped around in bed like a fish last night, only got four hours of sleep. Lack of sleep would push anyone off their productivity game, not just an artist with distraction issues.


MY SMALL TASK TO RE-DIRECT ME TO FOCUS ON WHAT I NEED TO DO TODAY:

©www.smirkinggoddess.com
Standing in our living room trying to vaguely think of what kind of small task would pull me together so I could have as creatively productive a day as possible, I I feel an ordered environment helps an ADD'er to think sequentially instead of panicking then jumping to quick fix solutions that often end up not being solutions.
I spied the mess before me, when did it get that bad? My mind felt as cluttered as the coffee table, stacked with great books– all I'm reading simultaneously. Since cleaning is a ritual that restores calm within, I got to work in kitchen and living room. Cleaning alleviates anxiety for me, it's the ultimate Prozac. 

 Due to the lack of sleep, my output today is scattered, but I did something remarkable, I returned to sketching in my sketchbook after too long an absence. I doodled this  Inner Critic, part woman with set scowl, part Harpy, seeking to grasp my energy with her button-pushing claws.

 WHAT ME WORRY?

Yesterday I posted my worry that what I write here for the #100DayProject challenge will become fodder for a snarky troll to judge and comment below. I was bred in my youth to be a people pleaser, so I'm mentally conditioned to wonder if I'm displeasing someone, sometime, out there in the Universe. Hyper-focusing on this worry led me to the sketchbook.

 And this leads me to open up an invite to YOU, anyone visiting  here to Doodle Your Inner Critic, you can face him/her outside of your mind as talented artist Koosje Koene did a while back. Please post yours on your Instagram Account with #DoodleMyInnerCritic  Let's make this an international movement.





MY REWARD FOR GETTING A FEW TASKS DONE TO ASSIST ME IN BECOMING MORE CREATIVELY PRODUCTIVE

Some more gardening and transplanting ensued, but was limited, still I treated myself with a newly purchased Lavendar plant, adding to my area gardens are a real happyness thing for me. I crashed early due to sleep deprived state.






Just scribble, doodle, or draw, search: #DoodleMyInnerCritic on Instagram and post that beast that holds you back. We'll all be better for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment