Friday, April 28, 2017

Day 23 #100DayProject Rebounding Back to Getting Things Done

My #100DayProject Personnel Challenge


Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.

DAY 23 Today started out fine, with no time-wasting setbacks to throw me in a tizzy. Folks dealing with attention issues have trouble transitioning. When I do transition to a different task, I select an easy one, one I trust can be started, finished and done lickity split, this in turn builds an inner impetus and confidence that helps me to move forward on something more involved.

MY FIRST SIMPLE TASK TO  JUMP START THE DAY:

 So what was my first simple task to get done today? My shutter Pumpkin Guy to the left languished in my studio for two years collecting dust bunnies. He has a finished twin, that is placed in our front yard on Halloween. My engineer husband ran out of time to help me assemble this one, and I need his assistance to complete. I now want him done and out of my studio so I can continue to create more open space for creating. The first pumpkin guy has peeled from exposure, so this guy got coated today with Outdoor ModPodge™ assembly will happen this Fall, for now he will be stored in basement with twin.


OPENING UP A SPACE TO WORK IS NOT JUST GOOD FENG SHUI IT IMPACTS PROFITS

Recently a successful entrepreneur friend of mine added a barn to her property. She needed to expand working space and return her home to being a home, not a crammed work space. Her accountant remarked how sales increased last year for her, my friend knew it HAD to be her new found space with designated work stations that instantly streamlined her efficiency and increased productivity, and voila! Profits rose.



EIGHT WEEKS OF LOST TIME:

I once heard that people lose eight weeks out of a year trying to locate lost items in their home. For those with deeper pockets replacing an item they already have is easy, but still, buying stuff you already have only jams up your space. I trudged two bags of never-will-get-done projects-craft supplies to our local church on the Green, Rummage sale May13th, if you're in Connecticut, BE THERE.

MY REWARD FOR TODAY:


This small area garden needs grooming, the cherub's arm was guillotined in our last snowstorm by a falling tree branch. I never delineated the area neatly and so grabbed a shovel and neatened the border. Next reward session? Planting Lungwort and a Stonecrop to round out the Hostas in this patch, and perform surgery to re-attach Cherub's arm.

I hope to do something I haven't done in awhile tonight, since I'm pleased with how this day panned out production-wise-got an order out, did online research on  a medium I've been dying to explore etc. I feel confident the possibility will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment