Saturday, April 29, 2017

Day 24 of My #100DayProject Challenge-

My #100DayProject Personnel Challenge




Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.

DAY 24 I must backtrack about the month of April. This is the month when studio work gets abandoned, in favor of turning my yard into the gorgeous Nirvana I have in my head. Being on a limited budget, I'm frustrated at how confining a tight purse can be. This messes with my attention deficit issue of wanting instant gratification now, not later. I have to be clever, and I'm blessed with a network of people who have given me plants and I try to offer some back, but our yard was pretty much a blank slate when we moved here a few short years ago.


MY SMALL TASK TO GET MY MOJO GOING:

After returning emails, checking for orders, I pulled on my jeans and at 8:30 am before a dental appointment, I did a little gardening. I transplanted a Ribbon Grass (gift from a gardener friend) to the cherub area garden. And I finally for the third time this season moved a Karl Forster Grass where it will shield the view of neighbor's garbage cans from our kitchen window. Those painted bricks in the far left corner were another unfinished "To-Do fun project".

BEAUTY AND ORDER IS KEY FOR THOSE WITH ATTENTION DEFICIT ISSUES:

Creating beauty is important to me, it establishes a calm order that mentally frees me to slow down and think things through more carefully. I'm less inclined to make impatient snap-crappy decisions, that end up making more work to correct. A disorganized environment stimulates mental confusion for anyone with ANY level of Attention Deficit Disorder, I know I don't have it as bad as some, but still. . .

HOW A STRESSOR CAN INTRODUCE CONFUSION FOR THE ADD'ER:

My husband got Poison Ivy too and like me is on that awful Steroid Prednisone, unfortunately, due to a recent big event he participated in, he also got a cold and he seldom gets sick! He doesn't have a blog to kavetch, so I am the receiver end of his hourly updates on "the poison" and how miserable he feels. I love the guy, but man, am having trouble mentally sorting out the rest of my day with the background commentary. I re-direct by continuing the transplanting.

© www.smirkinggoddess.com
ALL THIS BRINGS ME TO:

I find returning to my art much harder than any thing else I do. It is because this is my chosen profession, what I went to college for, I have a B.A. in studio art, the stakes are higher in my mind when I put pencil to paper. I need the preliminary sketch to end up as something sold, that's how we artists survive. I had an idea for a sketch that I wanted to put out there in this post, well, you guessed it it didn't get done. It's something I've been thinking about since re-vamping this challenge and sharing my Attention Deficit issue. Am I over-sharing? I'm expecting a critical comment to arise shaming me back into my place, as if there's a place I'm supposed to be put. My Inner Critic works overtime, and this particular Inner Critic I call The Shamer, oh yes I have more than one. Thank you for reading with out harsh judgement.










No comments:

Post a Comment