Thursday, April 27, 2017

Day 22 #100DayProject-Watching the Spinning Color Wheel

My #100DayProject Personnel Challenge

Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.

DAY #22 Today started off on the wrong foot with the USPS website hanging up on my computer after I paid for a shipping label. Gazing at the spinning color wheel, a fountain of epithets spewed from my mouth–mostly remarks on how our government would rather over-pay their execs than invest in a better user-friendly site. And don’t get me started on the  counterproductive closing of local post offices across our American landscape despite increased shipping of stuff due to the rise of Amazon.

Continuing on a round of Prednisone from a Poison Ivy attack, hasn't helped my nerves much either.

H0W SETBACKS AFFECT THE DISTRACTED:

Time set-backs are an anathema for artists as everything we make is created from scratch, our projects take time. For the artist coping with Attention Deficit distraction issues, it’s worse.  The impatient ADD mind craves an easy fix and when not met, at least for me, my focus tailspins on my angry frustrated feelings for longer than I’d care to admit.

MY REBOOT-REDIRECT FOR TODAY:

After traipsing to the Post Office with today’s orders, I rebooted with simple tasks, one included trimming a bird’s nest built on our back porch as the rain left it in a bedraggled state. You’re welcome birds. More cleaning ensued, but tasks oriented to my creative work didn’t get done. I chose not to inner-critic myself on this, but rather, figure a way to get me back to the drawing table faster from this day forward. If I had a contracted (commissioned job) I would’ve re-focused in an hour, but when creating without the comfort of a sold sign, there isn’t a prompt to redirect me sooner.

MY REVELATION:

My funny magnet products revolve around modern day frustrations with a retro twist. even though my tag line is: “When I put pencil to paper humor leaks out, I don’t know why”. I’m beginning to see the why. To the distracted artist, frustration is a Behomoth.

To view my funny products on ETSY including the print above: www.smirkinggoddess.com

No comments:

Post a Comment