Saturday, March 14, 2015

Day #9 of my Instagram #DailyTwinchieChallenge

I'm into Day #9 of my Instagram #DailyTwinchieChallenge. My goal was to create a challenge that would force me to be creatively consistent as I have a studio full of 1/2 started, 1/2 finished products. And though I do have two ETSY shops, the one containing my art has little inventory and needs building up: SuzanneUrban:

I've found since I started this challenge for the Month of March my thinking is more sequential in thought. I still bounce around from idea-to-idea, but I give more thought to creative projects I'm about to start, I think of any issues that might come up, I research more thoroughly online before deciding if I really need to buy something for the project-which saves me money when I realize I don't need to. I also try to buy something pre-cut or pre-prepped to paint on, as I want to eliminate production time and just focus on the creative side of the project, i.e. drawing and painting. Taking time out to cut out thick illustration board is hard on the hands-buy pre-cut. Thinking things through before starting a project cuts down on wasted time, mistakes that can't be rectified, and hopefully abandoned projects, the bane of existence for every artist suffering from ADD.

My posts during this challenge have invited some interesting discussion with two friends, one an artist the other a musician, all of us wondering how ADD can be dealt with, and if more creative people have it or if we creatives just think differently.

Any artist/illustrator/photographer wishing to join in on my Instagram simply follow me-I am "smirkingGoddess" on Instagram, then create a 2"x2" work of art and tag it: #DAILYTWINCHIECHALLENGE  This challenge runs for the Month of March you can post as much or as little as you like. See you on Instagram!


No comments:

Post a Comment