Sunday, March 29, 2015

Day #24 DailyTwinchieChallenge on Instagram

I worked in the studio on another project today, I put in some good time and notice when I do this, I feel lighter and happier about myself. Again, I'm finding the Twinchie self-challenge I imposed on myself, but others are jumping in and joining in-which I like-feels like a small burden to do. I think it's the monotony of the same daily theme and the fact that I'm now beginning to approach more projects to work on and complete in my studio that this little challenge helped to jump-start my esteem engine. Every day I'm aware how long it takes to create something from scratch, and also hoping that it turns out to be marketable in the end, as artists don't live on air alone. Even so I'm learning more about what I want to create, like to create and what feels authentic. So that is good!


I started the DailyTwinchieChallenge on Instagram on March 6th after reading about artist Crystal Moody's self challenge-only hers was for a full year! For me I'm learning I work well with limited challenges otherwise my art gets stale, but the challenge does help me to move forward and be productive. If you'd like to join in for this month-there's still time. Simply create a 2"x2" work of art, upload it to your Instagram account and tag it #DailyTwinchieChallenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment