Thursday, March 26, 2015

Day #21 of My Daily Twinchie Challenge on Instagram

I was able to work on another painting today. Yesterday I'd planned to get some painting done, but it didn't happen, something about a long morning in the dentist office and sore jaw afterwards threw me off–but I did get some prep work done on some art dolls I'd started and abandoned about a year ago.

As someone who has as a Dr. once described it: "A touch of ADD", I have a tendency to start projects, many in fact and abandon the more demanding, intricate ones for the easier to produce ones. In this case it's writing copy and creating magnets and pinbacks for my first ETSY shop-I love wordsmithing and my work is humor-based; but there's another part of me that wants to see my art successfully break into the market, creating art is as important to me as writing funny copy.

So I prepped all these doll heads and now I have to make sure I take these dolls to the next step to assemble their bodies, then paint their heads, but while the primer is"curing", I picked up another small format painting I'd started and pretty much finished it-well, I have just a little bit more to do tomorrow.

So that's two small format paintings in two days, not bad, and I managed to eek out a Twinchie today at the end of the day. So this self-challenge of creating a Twinchie every day has helped me to be more consistently productive to the point I don't get anxious about getting started. It does take me some time to get into the studio in the morning, but once I'm there, I'm fine and happy.

My goal for the future is to develop a more consistent, authentic style, to work more at my color palette and the charm of my characters.

If you'd like to join in on my #DailyTwinchieChallenge all you have to do is create a 2"x2" work of art and upload to your Instagram account, tag it #DailyTwinchieChallenge and you're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment