Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Day #20 of My Instagram #DailyTwinchieChallenge

"Fat Cat" ©2015 Suzanne Urban
Day #20 of my Instagram #DailyTwinchieChallenge. Yesterday after finishing my Twinchie I dug out some art dolls I'd started and never finished. I think I prepped the heads of at least seven to paint, and I am continuing on another project that will most likely become my next Month's Challenge. Today I had a dentist appt that ate up my morning hours, had a cavity to fill. I don't know how creatively productive I can be today, but I hope to work on a painting while art doll heads dry. So coming back to this one creative exercise on a daily basis, and yes one that is not too overwhelming to commit to has helped me up my creative output. Yay, me.

I love to create art dolls due to my interest in character design. In 2005 I even organized a small group of doll artists here in Connecticut. I named the group ODACT or Original Doll Artisans of Connecticut. Due to moves and changes in lifestyles, the group disbanded but I still keep in touch and am good friends with two of the original members who still are creating wonderful work. Artist Donna May Robinson-Pelittieri is a member of NIADA and has three ETSY shops. Artist Dawn Rogers is kept busy with her two daughters but has recently returned to some creative pursuits and Artist Linda Wingerter is a puppeteer, costume designer and flame-thrower and award winning children's book illustrator. These three artists are all Connecticut residents and I feel Connecticut is lucky to have them!

I started the Instagram Daily Twinchie Challenge on March 6th after reading about artist Crystal Moody's 365 day challenge to create a painting a day. I chose to do something for a month, and something much smaller than a painting, but it's affect has been good for me, not every day is my output what it should be, but on the whole, I've become much more productive in the studio as well with other tasks. Structure is good for the artist's soul. Anyone wishing to join in on this challenge may do so by creating a 2"x2" work of art and tagging it: "#dailytwinchiechallenge in their Instagram Account. Have fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment