Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Day #19 of my Instagram #DailyTwinchieChallenge

Day #19 of my Twinchie Challenge drawn in ballpoint pen. I'm also including a small painting of a Pumpkinhead character-I love this character that surfaced in early American postcards– started last year that I never finished and yesterday I sat down to finish it. I'm going to work on it a little more, but it's pretty much done.  Due to being able to tackle creating a Twinchie a day, I'm finding other art projects not so overwhelming in my mind. Once I get started I'm fine, but I've learned that I need to start small and build up. If I start a bigger project, it gets easily abandoned due to managing a busy ETSY shop and also other daily demands. However, once getting in the habit, it gets easier for me to tackle projects, I think it's because I slowly build up my "I can do this" esteem with each small drawing.

1 comment:

  1. The same works for me. When I've had to interrupt a painting and go back to it, it goes better if I warm up first on a smaller piece. When I reach the focus I had when I left, I can return to the first painting. I love your pumpkin's sleeve patches. He is SOOOO real.

    ReplyDelete