Friday, June 2, 2017

Day 48 #100DayProject Estimating Time for a Project


 My #100DayProject
 


Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.
  


Oops! I Might not Make it in a Week

My tactic of rewarding myself after performing tasks to further my creative productivity is working. However,  this recent success has made me overly-enthusiastic in estimating a time frame for finishing some projects. In this case, painting my studio ceiling.

Lesson Learned 

 I think I'm going to need more than one week to finish. Why? Because I can't use a roller, rollers make paint spatter, moving all my furniture out of the studio isn't an option, no room to do so. So even with Pandora Radio playing, I'm finding boredom and weariness take over and I have to take-a-break for the day. What I forgot is labor intensive bland jobs are hard for my Attention Deficit mind. Painting the walls were easier, but a ceiling? Uncomfortable and hard. Well, a lesson learned. Normally when I discover that I was off in my estimation for completing a job, my confidence level falters, or I plow ahead so hard, that mistakes are made, or I push myself beyond exhaustion, none are good alternatives as I suffer through the chosen response, even with a reward at the end. But now I have a new tool to use. For future tasks, I will keep in mind what kind of task I have to perform and complete–is it rote? Boring? Physically uncomfortable–before estimating the time-frame to finish. 


©www.smirkinggoddess.com


 My name is Suzanne Urban I am an artist and writer. I sell my funny stuff on ETSY like the magnet to the left here: Smirkinggoddess.com and my art here: SuzanneUrbanArt
 

No comments:

Post a Comment