Thursday, June 1, 2017

Day 47 #100DayProject-Almost Half Way Through the Challenge!

 My #100DayProject
 
 


Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.
 



I'm almost half way through my #100DayProject self-challenge. I'm finding my simplifying my challenge and being honest about how my attention deficit issues interfere with finishing projects has helped me to move forward to create a studio space that will enhance my creative productivity.

Let There Be Light.

I'm almost done painting my studio, walls are done, but ceiling yet to do. The lighter color already is reflecting more light streaming in from my studio's one window. I feel confident I can get the ceiling done by next week. However, I'm frustrated that I haven't been working on any art projects for my second ETSY shop: SuzanneUrbanArt but I need to get this larger task done first. I'm methodical by nature, and though I can work on a couple of projects simultaneously, Larger projects need my full attention to complete in order to move forward, otherwise I get overwhelmed. I continue to reward myself with gardening projects or other fun activities and this is why I've been able to stick to this challenge.

Above, I opted to paint the back of my desk a.k.a. as drawing table, some artists don't notice aesthetics when it comes to their work-space, I do. I need to work in a visually attractive and organized space to produce. This isn't totally due to my ADD issue as much as it's having grown up in an environment where there was a lot of disorganization. As a child I would clean up after others, straighten areas, and at times be too embarrassed to invite playmates into my home. This experience profoundly affected me. I'm not like Mr. Monk, with a sterile house, but I do prefer order, and planned decor to keep me focused and happy. Some don't mind disorganized homes, and can work among the mess. I don't know how they can do that. Sometimes I wonder if that is a control issue, as I've noticed this in past jobs where the manager kept  a disorganized department, making it hard for subordinates to find files and other pertinent documents without the help of said manager. That way, they're always in charge.

My name is Suzanne Urban my funny stuff like the magnet to the left are available to purchase in my ETSY shop here: SmirkingGoddess
and my art and art products here: SuzanneUrbanArt

No comments:

Post a Comment