Saturday, May 13, 2017

Day 38 of My #100DayProject Challenge–One Not-So-Small Task and Color Theory of Sorts



 My #100DayProject
 
 


Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.
 


My One Not so Small Task:

Before participating in the #100DayProject, I never realized how the act of rebooting when I'm stuck and not being creatively productive can help me to get back on track. Re-booting which for me consists of stopping, thinking through why I failed and figuring something out to motivate me to get energize to return to the drawing table. I've often re-booted over the years, but this challenge has taught me to slow down the process and really think things through so that my goal arrives and sticks. This in turn has spurred me to work harder, it's helped de-fog my mind and decision making is coming faster and easier. I've been more productive since starting this challenge then I've been in a long time. For starters, yesterday and today I finally tackled a not-so-small task, re-painting my art studio.

COLOR THEORY WHEN IT COMES TO EMOTIONS:

 When we moved into our antique home five years ago, I was a little too excited in getting our interior space painted. I designated my studio space to be the guest room, but my husband pointed out that our computer room is off of this room and it would make more sense to keep this room as my studio. I agreed, however the painters had already painted the walls, a soft sage green. This green looks dull, almost grey on most days. I found myself not wanting to stay in my studio for long periods of time, and worse, the dark green color didn't reflect any light, with just one window, light was kinda scarce. 

I also suffer from depression, I think it's basically SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Grey rainy days not only make me gloomy, but they make me sluggish. The sage green walls exacerbated the inner gloomy feeling I endure on overcast days leaving me uninspired and unproductive. And the color sucked light instead of reflecting it. I've been wanting to re-paint my studio for a few years now. I finally conquered the task, I'm half-way done and already I see the improvement in how I feel and how the lighter color Benjamin Moore's Golden Straw, reflects light from my one window.

I couldn't have tackled such a big over-taking with out this challenge. Can't wait to finish the room.


MY REWARD FOR TACKLING A BIGGER TASK:

My reward was to attend our local Garden Club's Garden Mart, I added Ribbon Grass, a Columbine and one Chinese Lantern (love this shrub) to my basket, Can't wait to plant them. I attended my Churc,h Grace Episcopal on the Green's fabulous Rummage Sale and even bummed a ride from my friend Wonderful Willa to visit a woman in town who sells perennials straight from her garden where I picked up Bluebells and some Angelina Sedum. All of this was purchased for under twenty bucks. SCORE!!



My name is Suzanne Urban I sell my funny stuff here on ETSY: SmirkingGoddess
and my Art here: SuzanneUrbanArt



So I've advanced already to handling a larger task. The bigger the task, the bigger the reward! Had I not thought through a system to get my motivation engine going, I wouldn't have gotten this far.





 

No comments:

Post a Comment