Friday, May 12, 2017

Day 37 of my #100DayProject- Lists and Synchronicity Too

 My #100DayProject


 
Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.
 


LISTS:

My issue with Attention Deficit Disorder makes me inconsistent in performing daily tasks. One such task is making a To Do List. When I write things down, I remember to complete some of the jobs listed. Crossing of each one is a boost and propels me to have a more successful day. Unfortunately, I'm inconsistent with making these lists. Sometimes it's because I get overly ambitious, and hardly anything on said list gets done and then I feel so awful that going back to creating a list is upsetting; or I allow my impatient ADD mind to bypass jotting stuff down to do and end up vaguely trying to get things done with little direction. Or as an artist, the rebellious non-conforming side of me resents following orders, but these orders are dictated by me for me, not another party. So get with the program Suzanne.

To Do Lists spur Productivity. I'm finding with doing one task a day, organization comes more naturally to me, and the list-writing is an urgent gotta do first.


SYNCHRONICITY ABOUNDS WHEN YOU'RE MOVING FORWARD WITH TASKS:

In my last post (Day 36) I mentioned a community project I and a fellow neighbor/artist dreamt up. I decided I wanted to raise Monarchs by growing butterfly friendly plants in my my backyard and asked BJ, a phenomenal gardener if she wanted to join in. She did, but she wanted to expand the project to plant a Butterfly habitat in a conserved area of land reserved for joggers, walkers, nature enthusiasts and wildlife. She approached the town and we're underway.  Volunteers are coming out of the woodwork, and the town is 100% behind us. Most significant to me is Monarch Butterfly images are manifesting on a regular basis in front of us. From the one early Monarch flapping in our backyard, to a local magazine my husband spied at the grocery store with a picture of a butterfly delicately resting on the world, to the above picture of a wall sculpture my husband took last night in a restaurant he and friends ate at.

If you're a fan of Carl Jung, you will know that synchronicity means this:
http://www.carl-jung.net/synchronicity.html

These occurences tell me our Monarch Project is on it's way to good things. I look forward to seeing how my participation in the @100DayProject also brings some interesting synchronicity our way. I won't look for them, but I will pay attention.

©www.smirkinggoddess.com






My name is Suzanne Urban I am a writer and artist. My funny stuff can be purchased on ETSY here:
SmirkingGoddess and my art here:SuzanneurbanArt

No comments:

Post a Comment