Sunday, May 7, 2017

Day 32 of My #100DayProject Self Challenge-And on the Seventh Day Let's All Rest

FAIL: Trying to create my own Self-Watering Spike
My #100DayProject
 

Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.


THERE! I FIXED IT! SORT OF. . .

I continue to reward myself with garden work anxious to have our yard prepped and ready to pop in new flowers and shrubs by June. The only problem with this reward-work to pay myself for doing one or more simple tasks to move me forward on finishing creative studio projects is, more is being done in the reward sector. This creates an imbalance as my mind is now geared to doing the easier, fun work, and the simple challenge task-work in the studio becomes minimal as even the smallest task seems insurmountable to perform. I've got to figure a way to fix this. Fixing involves transitioning the mind to accept something new. The above pic is my attempt at a self-watering stake, it didn't work, so I need to make some money to purchase more of these:https://www.amazon.com/Terracotta-Plant-Waterer-Vacation-Watering/dp/B0156S2OWC

WHAT WAS THAT ONE SIMPLE TASK AGAIN?

I finally finished Cory Huff's book: How to Sell Your Art Online after knocking off several Outdoor To-Do's yesterday. I had to finish it, library overdue notice looming. With my ADD struggles of starting projects and not finishing them, or taking forever to complete–when I do go back to pick up a project, it seems like ions ago my hands held the project. This perspective of looking back generates a feeling of unease and shame, that the project took so long to complete, that somehow I met a roadblock and mentally walked away from the situation for too long.

LET'S RE-BOOT AGAIN:

Just as doing a mindless task can help the overwhelmed to get back on track. Sometimes doing ANY kind of task doesn't help, and it's best to sit back and smell the roses for a spell, despite my worries of bringing sales in, paying bills, yada, yada. So I sat back and enjoyed this nostalgic scene outside our window. Tomorrow is another day.


My name is Suzanne Urban I am an illustrator and writer. I sell my funny stuff on ETSY here:SmirkingGoddess and my Art here: SuzanneUrbanArt






No comments:

Post a Comment