Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Day 20 Back in the Saddle Again with the #100DayProject Challenge


CARDBOARD TASK
I am back in the saddle again with the #100DayProject. My last post I let you all know why I failed   early in participating in this seminal online challenge that's been a help to many créatifs.

To refresh memory, my re-adjusted #100DayProject challenge theme is:  

Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively
productive in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.

THE REBOOT:

So #100DayProjectDay#18 So butt in saddle, I cut up scores of cardboard that I need to protect future outgoing orders of my magnets and pinbacks that I sell here: SmirkingGoddess   
A former co-worker of mine taught me during a very taxing day, that one should put aside thinking-work to perform mindless tasks in order to reboot. This works, apply in studio.

MY FIRST REWARD FOR RETURNING TO THE CHALLENGE:

Due to my easily distracted nature which is currently compounded by Prednisone due to a bad case of Poison Oak,  I rewarded myself for completing this one easy-back-in-the-saddle- task by flinging open the back door and going out to transplant not one, not two, but eleven plants, and one a medium sized Hydrangea. My Doctor warned this anti-biotic can over-energize one.

BUT:

But, it can also mess with your sleep cycle. . .

AND I RISE AGAIN:

RETHINKING RE-INKING
#100DayProject Day 19, I continued re-inking a line of illustrated bookmarks, I've been having trouble finishing this project up as I re-visited the inking issue, line must be thick enough to cut the articulated characters out, and I'm refining their facial features a little. Not all my future characters will have the big schnozes I'm known for, I'm want to expand my style now to include skinny people, tall people, more ethnics, so a wider smorgasbord of citizens shall flow out from my pen.

Rewarded myself by pouring over online garden catalogs.

BUT AGAIN:

#100DayProject Day 20 I crashed today due to only getting five hours of sleep in.  The Poison Oak is still annoying,  husband has it now, and we're washing clothes everyday to rid anything we touch of the plant's oils. He's now on antibiotics so there will be two jumpy people grousing at each other today. However, I managed to re-design my 2017 invoice for wholesale customers. got some orders out and landed a new wholesale customer who's shop I've admired from afar. I also listened to Cory Huff's podcast on selling your art online, he of TheAbundantArtist Blog fame. So yes, I got a more than ONE simple task done today that will open up more time for future creating.

NO REWARD, BUT DO YOU SEE A THEME HERE?

I haven't rewarded myself today, too tired. But by getting back in the saddle, the tasks completed are growing from one simple one to getting a few more done. In one small step, bouncing back from disappointing one's inner critic, can get the esteem engine back on track.
MY GREAT REWARD





No comments:

Post a Comment