Sunday, March 22, 2015

Day #17 of my Daily Twinchie Challenge-and What I'm Learning from it.

So far my daily Twinchie self-challenge that I began March 6th of this month has helped me:

1. Remain more consistent in productivity
2. Tackle chores whether it's cleaning a room, or working on another art project with out mental reservations
3. Helped me not to stress out over having to produce a small drawing a day with no preliminary preparation ahead of time.

I started this self-challenge after reading about Crystal Moody's 365 day challenge to develop a more consistent creative output of work. This morning I tuned into Monica Lee's Smart Creative Women vlog to hear about artist Lisa Daria who started a daily painting challenge in 2009 and is still going strong.

Even though my challenge is small, limited to a month, and only involved a 2"x2" work of art, a sketch, it's helping me to lay the ground work for larger challenges. Due to having a "touch of ADD" as a Dr. once diagnosed, my distraction level is high, I start projects and abandon them in favor of completing easier ones. This is why I have one thriving ETSY shop: SmirkingGoddess that does very well and is easier to manage than my second shop-writing comes easier than painting/drawing for me though I'm schooled in both: SuzanneUrban that still needs a lot of work and more art uploaded to fill out the space.

I'm not sure what my challenge for the month of April will be, but I have some good ideas.

For any creatif who'd like to join in on this March challenge, simply create a 2"x2" work of art and tag: "DailyTwinchieChallenge" on Instagram.

©image 2015 Suzanne Urban

No comments:

Post a Comment