Monday, April 14, 2014

Monday April 14th, What's on My Drawing Table Today

I find it so hard to go into the studio to paint,  I get overwhelmed over the smallest glitches, that is mentally overwhelmed. Sometimes to break this cycle I pull an old painting out that I've been meaning to fix, and so I did this today. I find this so much easier to work on as I'm not starting from scratch; however with this wee 4x4 canvas I'd originally swirled on molding paste for extra texture, and there was collage wording on the painting. But I managed to paint around the words, and get better detail in, believe it or not. Despite my hesitation to walk into the studio today-I spent the morning working in the garden, I do find I'm getting more comfortable in my humorous, whimsical painting-style.

No comments:

Post a Comment