Thursday, October 8, 2015

Day#4 of My Daily Sketch Challenge Almost didn't Make it Today!

I'm still having trouble scheduling in some time to sit down and create a new drawing. So I flipped through a sketchbook for today's entry. Life gets in the way and I just didn't have the time or energy to sit and draw for an hour, THIS has got to change!

This yawning bear was  sketched about a month ago, I've drawn him before and he can even been seen on an ACEO card that I sell in my second  ETSY shop:
https://www.etsy.com/listing/176457386/whimsical-illustration-aceo-print-from?ref=shop_home_active_1

FYI ACEO's stand for Art Cards Editions and Originals. About 15 years ago, crafters started creating art on business card size (2.5"x3.5") surfaces. The idea caught on and painters, illustrators, designers and crafters continue to sell this wee size so everyone can enjoy collecting and framing a work of art. It's quite amazing to see how much detail and variety of subject matter can fit on such a wee canvass.

I drew this character over as I wanted to change his yawning expression from the bear in my ACEO print. Sometimes this is a good idea, and I re-draw a lot of my sketches, but other times the re-draw just doesn't work, this bear looks a little bored instead of tired. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment