Friday, March 20, 2015

Day #15 How My Twinchie Challenge is Helping Me

I'm finding my daily twinchie challenge has innately encouraged me to be more creatively productive. I'm finding I don't get anxious over the thought of having to produce a 2"2" piece of art every day. And this frog was drawn straight on the sketchpad, no drawing, then transferring to sketchbook.

Consistency builds self-esteem within as the more one performs a task, the better they get at it. I learned this in my day jobs, when new at a job I couldn't figure out I was going to get all the tasks required, finished within the time allotted; but as days grew into months, and even years, juggling several tasks in a day seemed liked nothing to me, and inwardly made me feel good.

I not only created this little frog, but am working on some Twinchie Paintings to be turned into 5x7 prints. I'd started them awhile back, abandoned them, but now, I'm revisiting them between orders from my other ETSY shop: SmirkingGoddess, and am finding the task not terribly daunting. Funny how a fairly uncomplicated self-challenge can inpact one's esteem and productivity.

My Daily Twinchie Challenge is open to all creatifs for the Month of March who'd like to join in. It is on Instagram. Simply create a 2"x2" work of art and tag: #DailyTwinchieChallenge to post it along side mine and that of two other artists on instagram. You can't post every day, not to worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment