Friday, May 26, 2017

Day 43 of My #100DayProject Self Challenge-Tackling Bigger Tasks

 My #100DayProject
 


 
Perform one simple task a day to assist me in becoming more creatively productive and consistent in my studio. All tasks can be followed with a reward to encourage consistency.
 


Momentum Happens:

I'm finding momentum is my friend with the #100DayProject self-challenge. Years ago in college I took a lazy option out and signed up for a lot of "gut" courses a.k.a as easy-peasy courses and guess what? My grades went down! This is when I learned as I said to myself "the more I do the more I can do". So I've stuck by that revelation since my college days.

Laziness Doesn't Work Is Most Unproductive for Slackers

I've worked with slackers in various day jobs, they created more work for employees like me, I used to get resentful, now I don't. I realized that slackers have very little going on in their lives, and no accomplishments to nourish self-respect or a sense of personal accomplishment. And I learned being lazy– not meaning giving myself time off to recoup–but just flat out lazy, didn't work for me.

So as I continued to cross off tasks on a daily basis and reward myself for having completed them, I find I can take on a bigger tasks without an overwhelming fear that I will abandon the task. Behold I'm almost done re-painting my studio!

What Was My reward?

Treating myself to reading the below book:







My name is Suzanne Urban, I am an artist and writer. I sell my funny stuff on ETSY here: SmirkingGoddess and my art and art products here: SuzanneUrbanArt

No comments:

Post a Comment